1. A 40-hour trip to Philly to visit my family and the boyfriends family (including a week-old nephew!) is NOT conducive to fitting in a workout. I will plan better next time and arrange my schedule ahead of time to miss a shorter workout.
2. I am indeed still recovering from the massive amount of food and drink I consumed this weekend, as well as the lack of sleep. Totally worth it.
3. Spirit Airlines is definitely a budget airline. Our seats on the way out were really dirty, and our seats on the way home didn’t recline. I paid about $60 round trip for my carry on bag, but thanks to the nature of the trip, Patrick and I packed in the same bag. We were super-delayed on our way north, and the one flight attendant was obviously unhappy about it over the intercom, but still friendly in person. I always bring water on the plane, so having to pay for drinks didn’t matter. They also have some sweet combo deals with sodas/booze/food, so it makes forking over the money not as big of a deal. We grabbed Wawa hoagies for the way home 🙂 I’ll be flying them again to Atlantic City to meet up with my family while they are on vacation, and I’m not dreading it – aside from the fact that they are in the absoulte worst terminal in Fort Lauderdale airport. I *love* that airport… just not that terminal.
4. Fort Lauderdale is still beautiful:
1. How on earth to I get my @$$ moving in the morning? I hopped on the trainer today and struggled to hit 16mph. I just can’t seem to get my heart rate up and get my legs moving. Any tips? Will I adjust? Should I be having caffiene or certain foods in the morning? Maybe just some sports drink? Duke has no problem waking up and chewing his bone on the couch while I ride:
2. How do you handle riding in the rain? I’m ok handling my bike, but I was really struggling to see. I was wearing clear sunglasses (it was still dark), but the water kept beading up. When I took them off, I was squiting pretty hard to try to keep the rain from going right in my eyes. Rain-X my clear sunglasses, maybe? Wear gloves so I can wipe water off? This question is a direct result of not checking the weather and heading out for a brick in this: