So, after being sick and recovering from races, I managed to completely mangle the first 4 weeks of my 16 week Half Ironman training plan. And I started to stress about it. A lot.
I considered lots of options – altering my homemade plan, getting a coach, having a custom plan made, following something from a book… this is my FIRST Half Ironman, and I want to be confident. For two straight days, I’m pretty sure I thought about nothing BUT this. Being sick is awful, especially twice in two weeks with the same thing. All of that time that would be spent training is spent THINKING about it and not being able to actually DO anything.
So, I made a decision. I upgraded my Beginner Triathlete membership from Bronze to Silver to get access to a beautifully written 12 week Olympic to Half Ironman bridge plan. It’s not perfect, but it’s darn near close. A few runs might turn into rides, and a few long rides might get longer. That’s about it though. It is WONDERFUL to show up at the pool and to have your full workout already written. It’s also nice that the plan was written by people with infinitely more experience than me… plus, I can add coaching support at $35/month if I start to freak out again.
Now, I get to focus my attention on more trivial things… like Tropical Storm Emily. Seriously – I have plans for a beach day AND a diving day this weekend. I’m going to go obsessively monitor NOAA’s website.
- @DougRowe1973 I still don't have orders! Trying not to use all of my leave in case my orders come in a week late... 2 days ago
- Yup. Still living in the movie Office Space. Had a coworker tell me not to look at my phone while walking bc the hallway is a "no trip zone" 2 days ago
- Played soccer on the basketball court today... well, actually Futsol. Interesting. And I'm terrible at it, but our field is being reseeded! 3 days ago
- Duke apparently liked the vanilla chai protein powder a lot more than I did. In related news, he also needs a bath. 5 days ago
- Really, really, really happy to not be driving home from Drill right now. twitter.com/ArizonaDOT/sta… 5 days ago
My Blog Buddies