So, after being sick and recovering from races, I managed to completely mangle the first 4 weeks of my 16 week Half Ironman training plan. And I started to stress about it. A lot.
I considered lots of options – altering my homemade plan, getting a coach, having a custom plan made, following something from a book… this is my FIRST Half Ironman, and I want to be confident. For two straight days, I’m pretty sure I thought about nothing BUT this. Being sick is awful, especially twice in two weeks with the same thing. All of that time that would be spent training is spent THINKING about it and not being able to actually DO anything.
So, I made a decision. I upgraded my Beginner Triathlete membership from Bronze to Silver to get access to a beautifully written 12 week Olympic to Half Ironman bridge plan. It’s not perfect, but it’s darn near close. A few runs might turn into rides, and a few long rides might get longer. That’s about it though. It is WONDERFUL to show up at the pool and to have your full workout already written. It’s also nice that the plan was written by people with infinitely more experience than me… plus, I can add coaching support at $35/month if I start to freak out again.
Now, I get to focus my attention on more trivial things… like Tropical Storm Emily. Seriously – I have plans for a beach day AND a diving day this weekend. I’m going to go obsessively monitor NOAA’s website.
- At lunch with the family. My niece is drawing a picture of me. "Aunt Elaine, what color is your skin?" -Lindsay, age 6. 1 day ago
- 12 days ago, my company lost a Soldier. He was about a year older than me, in great shape, and… instagram.com/p/BWwmqcQgrgO/ 3 days ago
- I need a vacation. Thankfully, I've had one planned for a while and I leave tomorrow. :) 3 days ago
- @PescadoPelado @USPS @FedEx Oh. Make that 4 packages. One I didn't even know about. 3 days ago
- @PescadoPelado @USPS @FedEx Or sometimes between entirely different addresses all together... 3 days ago
My Blog Buddies