It is race week!!
I’m not panicked. I have read enough for me to know that there is nothing I can do about my training now, so I can’t panic. All freaking out about workouts – what I did, what I should have done – will be directed at my post-70.3 marathon training. Seriously. I’ve got a half marathon two weeks after my 70.3, then 11 weeks until a full marathon. I took a great 10-week bridge plan that my sister used, added a week, and rearranged it to fit my schedule – I’ve got a sprint tri, Tough Mudder AND Ragnar Relay in there. Whew. What off-season?
I’m using three different packing lists to pack. I’m a disorganized mess most of the time, so I basically never travel without LISTS.
The other taper symptoms are setting in – phantom pains, inability to focus…
Funny. I started this post on Tuesday and it is now Friday! Talk about inability to focus!
Big Austin news: Swim is most likely wetsuit friendly. It’s windy there today! High on race day is around 84 degrees. Aaaaand, the run course changed. Three loops of pavement instead of two loops of trail/pavement. More aid stations, more spectators, less hills! I can work with that.
Austin, here I come!!
- At lunch with the family. My niece is drawing a picture of me. "Aunt Elaine, what color is your skin?" -Lindsay, age 6. 1 day ago
- 12 days ago, my company lost a Soldier. He was about a year older than me, in great shape, and… instagram.com/p/BWwmqcQgrgO/ 3 days ago
- I need a vacation. Thankfully, I've had one planned for a while and I leave tomorrow. :) 3 days ago
- @PescadoPelado @USPS @FedEx Oh. Make that 4 packages. One I didn't even know about. 3 days ago
- @PescadoPelado @USPS @FedEx Or sometimes between entirely different addresses all together... 3 days ago
My Blog Buddies