…but not for me, for Patrick!
He was referred to the same orthopedic office that I was for my IT band. After that, he was referred to the same Physical Therapist. She is AWESOME.
I went to his appointment with him… mainly because he’s not allowed to drive while on Vicodin. He had his dressing taken off, his incisions cleaned, and he got to move his arm! He is allowed 30 degrees of movement out to the side, and 140 degrees straight up!
I chatted with the PT a little. She asked how I was doing. I told her that I did my 70.3 in October, and I’ll be doing my first marathon in just over a month. She asked about my IT band pain. I told her that as long as I’m doing my exercises, its fine. She laughed, and was like “funny how that works!”. Yup, I’ve learned a few times than when I start to slack on the strength training, the pain starts to creep back. Consistency is key. Who would have guessed?
This marathon training is a little rough. I’m already up to 98.5 miles for December, with more to come! 21 more this week (5+16), and next week is peak week: 40 miles!! (5+10+5+20) I’m peaking a week early because Ragnar Relay is exactly three weeks before ING Miami. Mentally, I think I need a 20-miler on my calendar, and pushing it back one week seemed to make more sense that pushing it forward. Ragnar week is 19 miles plus the 21 of Ragnar, then it’s down to totals of 29, 21, and 9. Wheeee! Taper!! I might reduce some mileage the week before and the week after Ragnar, depending on how I’m feeling. I’d rather show up to ING undertrained than injured.
Speaking of ING, I’ve developed my goals!!
A: 4:22 <- exactly one hour slower than my sister’s marathon PR.
B: 4:XX <- anything sub 5 hours
D: Don’t be stupid <- as in, if I’m risking injury and drop out, I’ll still feel like I did something useful 🙂
With that, I’m off to start my 20 hour drive home for Christmas!!
- RT @MichaelStahlke: Sure, when the Navy sends thousands of sailors to NYC it's a "fun party" but if 1st CAV rolled their tanks in it'd be a… 2 days ago
- Moments after this photo, she climbed up me and stuffed get her popsicle in my armpit in the process. Oh, kids :) https://t.co/gcDOuoPVCB 2 days ago
- Best weather app ever. https://t.co/EzGZIGuwXv 2 days ago
- And sometimes, you only make it as far as the neighbor's porch on your walks... @ Bisbee, Arizona instagram.com/p/BUdCrFDDz9r/ 3 days ago
- We may have lost our soccer game tonight, but I discovered that Circle K now has Fresca in the soda fountain, so that's good. 4 days ago
My Blog Buddies