Two days until my first marathon. TWO. That is not a lot of time!
I’ve got one run left to do. 2 miles the day before the race. Should be good!
I am going through my normal taper behaviors, including obsessing over every aspect of the race… and I love it!
-People that seriously try to convince me that I will finish under four hours, and they truly believe it. It frustrates me that those people will hear my time and think I didn’t do well. For the record, my best half marathon was 1:57:37. There is NO WAY I can do double that distance in double the time +5:00. Not realistic at all. Stop telling me. Stop arguing with me.
-I’m still undecided on what top to wear. I’m trying to work out the best way to not chafe where my upper arms rub against my armpit-ish area.
-Experienced athletes telling me it will hurt. No sugar coating. I like it.
-People helping me build my playlist. I’ve got some fresh tunes to keep ME fresh! I WILL run with headphones. I will not use them until I need the pick-me-up.
-Everyone over at Beginner Triathlete that has put up with my silly questions, calmed me down, or just made me laugh and forget the stress.
-My sister. Her marathon experience and training tips have been super helpful.
-My boyfriend that has tolerated my training, my compression-gear-wearing, and will be at mile 22 on race day handing out beer!
-The Endurance Sisterhood. Those girls gave me some AMAZING marathon advice…
“a marathon is a 10K with a 20 mile warm up”
“Most of all Elaine take in your surroundings and enjoy the camaraderie that a marathon gives”
“know you have the will to succeed. Have fun and Run Strong :)”
“it’s just another long run”
“Think of it as 26 one mile repeats with a bit extra across the finish line. I always like to dedicate a mile to some of the special people in my life regardless of the distance”
- @DougRowe1973 I still don't have orders! Trying not to use all of my leave in case my orders come in a week late... 2 days ago
- Yup. Still living in the movie Office Space. Had a coworker tell me not to look at my phone while walking bc the hallway is a "no trip zone" 2 days ago
- Played soccer on the basketball court today... well, actually Futsol. Interesting. And I'm terrible at it, but our field is being reseeded! 3 days ago
- Duke apparently liked the vanilla chai protein powder a lot more than I did. In related news, he also needs a bath. 5 days ago
- Really, really, really happy to not be driving home from Drill right now. twitter.com/ArizonaDOT/sta… 5 days ago
My Blog Buddies