Two days until my first marathon. TWO. That is not a lot of time!
I’ve got one run left to do. 2 miles the day before the race. Should be good!
I am going through my normal taper behaviors, including obsessing over every aspect of the race… and I love it!
-People that seriously try to convince me that I will finish under four hours, and they truly believe it. It frustrates me that those people will hear my time and think I didn’t do well. For the record, my best half marathon was 1:57:37. There is NO WAY I can do double that distance in double the time +5:00. Not realistic at all. Stop telling me. Stop arguing with me.
-I’m still undecided on what top to wear. I’m trying to work out the best way to not chafe where my upper arms rub against my armpit-ish area.
-Experienced athletes telling me it will hurt. No sugar coating. I like it.
-People helping me build my playlist. I’ve got some fresh tunes to keep ME fresh! I WILL run with headphones. I will not use them until I need the pick-me-up.
-Everyone over at Beginner Triathlete that has put up with my silly questions, calmed me down, or just made me laugh and forget the stress.
-My sister. Her marathon experience and training tips have been super helpful.
-My boyfriend that has tolerated my training, my compression-gear-wearing, and will be at mile 22 on race day handing out beer!
-The Endurance Sisterhood. Those girls gave me some AMAZING marathon advice…
“a marathon is a 10K with a 20 mile warm up”
“Most of all Elaine take in your surroundings and enjoy the camaraderie that a marathon gives”
“know you have the will to succeed. Have fun and Run Strong :)”
“it’s just another long run”
“Think of it as 26 one mile repeats with a bit extra across the finish line. I always like to dedicate a mile to some of the special people in my life regardless of the distance”
- We may have lost our soccer game tonight, but I discovered that Circle K now has Fresca in the soda fountain, so that's good. 1 hour ago
- @Yuengling_Beer The eagle! 6 hours ago
- @PescadoPelado Been looking at SLO. I've never been! My trip up to Escape from Alcatraz has been shortened because… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 8 hours ago
- Looking for a fun, quick road trip stop between San Francisco and Tucson. Have ~36 hours to play with. Beaches? Mountains? Beers? Wine? 10 hours ago
- Strolled by aftermath of the fire on Star Ave in #Bisbee instagram.com/p/BUVgSJgD1WK/ 2 days ago
My Blog Buddies