Here’s a short list of what I’m thankful for:
1. I’m thankful for my family, and for the fact that I will be spending Thanksgiving with them.
2. I’m thankful for my job – I’m well-paid, my coworkers are happy, my hours are flexible and my work is (mostly ;)) interesting.
3. I’m thankful to be a part of the Army. My first drill at a Platoon Leader with my new unit was last weekend. My soldiers are great and my commander and other officers in my company are wonderful mentors. My company is motivated, and my last drill was challenging and fulfilling – I was pushed outside of my comfort zone, and managed to have a successful weekend.
4. I’m thankful for friends – old and new. Ones that share my perspective and offer their own. Ones that encourage my crazy ideas and invite me on adventures. Friends that are solid and stable, and friend that are struggling.
5. I’m thankful for my health. My body puts up with a lot!
6. I’m thankful for my dog. I’m also very thankful that his hip dysplasia really only affects his ability to run or walk longer distances.
… and many more. 🙂